If you are planning to have a new dog, his intelligence may be the most important factor. There is something interesting with intelligent dogs. They look and they are smart, obviously. But you can also train them and use them to help you. You should know that certain dog breeds are good in some particular things. For example, German Shepherds are used by the border patrol and police. But, they are also good house pets. Here are the smartest dog breeds.
• Doberman pinschers need a regular exercise. In return, they will take care of you. According to many experts, they are the best guard dogs. Also, they are very obedient.
• Border collies are bred as sheep herders. They have a lot of energy, so expect that your dog will be active all the time. However, this isn’t the right breed for people who don’t have enough free time. Also, they require a lot of space, so they can run.
• Australian cattle dogs are also bred to herd cattle. They are very smart, but they also require a lot of exercising.
• German shepherds are the favorite dog breed for many people. They look great and they are very smart. They also like children. But, they need a lot of physical activity. If you live in an apartment, don’t choose this dog.
• Labrador retrievers are used as guide dogs for blind people. They are also used by the police as hunting dogs. They have good tempers and they are easily trainable.
• Golden retrievers were hunting dogs, but they are not anymore. However, they are used in search and rescue missions. They are very friendly (extremely) and they want to pleasure their owners.